To Request Rock County Human Services Department Records


  • Please note that a reasonable fee is generally charged for record copies.


1.  Print and fill out the appropriate Release of Information (ROI) Authorization form:

2.  Sign and Date the form.

3.  Mail, Fax or Email the form to:

Rock County Human Services Department
Attn: Records Unit
PO Box 1649
Janesville, WI 53547
Fax: (608)757-5011
Email: [email protected]

You may also request Child Protective Services records through our email address at [email protected] Please include the following information in your email:

  • The children/s name/s and date/s of birth
  • Your relationship with the children
  • Where you would like the records sent (e-mail address, fax, or address)?
  • Please include approximate dates of CPS involvement if known
  • If records are needed for an upcoming court date please include when records are needed
  • Are you declining secure e-mails for your records?  [If we are sending your records through e-mail we will automatically send them securely (unless you opt-out) which means you will have to set up a password; if you do not want to set up a password then please let us know and we will send the records without it but please know this may expose your records to unauthorized access.]

Contact the Records Unit with questions:

Phone: (608)757-5448
Fax: (608)757-5011