transitional services 1

Completing high school is a very important time for all students. This can be especially true for students with disabilities as they move from high school to adult life.   Many changes occur in disability services when a student is between the ages of 18 and 21. If you are a young adult transitioning from the school system and/or children's programs to adult programs and are looking at future options and resources available to you, the Aging & Disability Resource Center is here to help you and your family to make that transition as smooth as possible. Speak to an I&A Specialist to discover more.

The Information and Assistance Specialists can discuss with you:
Housing options- Community Based Residential Facilities(CBRFs). Adult Family Homes (AFHs) , Independent Living, etc.
Vocational options after high school - Department of Vocational Rehabilitation(DVR), Kandu Industries, Riverfront, etc.
Publicly funded long-term care programs available
Information on applying for Social Security benefits- SSI,SSI-E, SSDI, etc.
Information on guardianship and power of attorney documents