If you need accurate and current information about private and government benefits and programs to which you may be entitled, the ADRC of Rock County can assist you.  Our benefits specialists cut the red tape associated with Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security and other benefits. We can also answer your questions about public or private benefit programs or your legal rights.

Disability Benefits Specialist (DBS)

Who is Eligible for Disability Benefits Specialist Services?
Disability benefit specialist provide services to people ages 18-59 with physical disabilities, developmental disabilities, mental illness and substance use disorders. 
There is no charge for disability benefit specialist services.

How Can a Disability Benefit Specialist Help you?
Provide accurate information on public and private benefits and programs;
Help determine which benefits and programs you may be entitled to;
Help you to fill out applications for benefits, programs and services;
Talk with you about your choices and the programs or services that might best meet your needs;
Provide assistance in obtaining or retaining benefits and services;
Provide referrals, assistance and support on other matters including disability rights and the impact of earnings on financial eligibility for public benefits;
In some cases, you may receive representation in formal appeals related to denials of eligibility, termination of benefits or overpayment of public and private benefits.

What Programs can a Disability Benefit Specialist Help with?
Medicaid (Medical Assistance)
Social Security Disability Income (SSDI)
Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
Medicare, including Part D
Prescription Drug Assistance
Low-Income Tax Credits
Insurance Issues
Housing and Utility Issues
Veterans Benefits

Elder Benefits Specialist (EBS) - for those 60 and up

Who is eligible for the Elder Benefits Specialist Services?
Anyone 60 years of age or older who is having a problem in securing a public or private benefit is eligible for the Elder Benefit Specialist Program.

Rock County Residents 60+ can contact Lachel Fowler at 608-757-5414 or at the Council on Aging Website.

How can an Elder Benefit Specialist help you?
Provide accurate and current information on your benefits.
Suggest alternative actions that you can take to secure benefits or appeal denials of benefits.
Advocate on your behalf with other parties.
Explain what legal action or other possible solution is required.
Refer you to an appropriate attorney when necessary.

What programs can an Elder Benefits Specialist help with?
Medicare; Medicare Part D
Medicare Supplemental Insurance
Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
Social Security;
Medical Assistance
Consumer problems
Age discrimination in employment
Homestead Tax Credit
Housing problems
Supportive Home Services
Food Stamps
Other legal and benefit problems